Located in the southeastern suburbs of Mumbai, Chembur is one of the most sought-after residential hotspots in the city by both homebuyers as well as real estate developers. Offering excellent connectivity, social infrastructure, employment and industrial hubs, and a range of lifestyle and entertainment options, Chembur makes for the ideal residential location.
Here are some of the highlights of Chembur as a residential hotspot in Mumbai:
- Connectivity: Chembur is linked to the Harbour Line of the rail network, and offers excellent connectivity via the Eastern Express Highway and Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) Marg. A monorail corridor on the suburban railway system is being planned by the government, which will further enhance Chembur’s connectivity. It is expected that this will be the second-longest monorail corridor in the world. The Eastern & Western Express Highways connect Chembur to Bandra-Kurla Complex and other central business hubs with great ease. The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is about 10 km from Chembur.
- Civic amenities: Chembur is dotted with a large number of schools, hospitals, clubs, gymkhanas, shopping malls, public gardens, and other civic amenities. The famous Chembur market is a popular attraction with a number of multi-product stores and upmarket restaurants. Some of the reputed schools in Chembur are St. Gregorios High School, Daan Special School, St. Joseph’s Convent Chamber, Sadhu High School and Mahatma Education Society’s Lai’s Group of Institution. The excellent social infrastructure is one of Chembur’s highest selling points as a residential destination.
- Industrial and employment hub: Industrial majors like Petroleum Corporation Limited, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, The Tata Power Company Limited, Rashtriya Chemical & Fertilizers Limited and Tata Institute of Social Sciences, are located in Chembur, making it a popular residential destination among professionals. Chembur is also well-connected to the prime business districts of Mumbai, including Bandra-Kurla Complex, Andheri East, Lower Parel, Navi Mumbai and the upcoming business and IT hubs in Mumbai.
- Cosmopolitan culture: Chembur boasts of a modern and cosmopolitan culture, with residents from across varied communities. The lifestyle and entertainment options in the area are many, and they cater to a wide range of tastes and preferences.
- Promising price trends: Chembur is one of the greenest and the best-connected suburbs of Mumbai, equipped with excellent social infrastructure. One of the USPs of the area is that you can find luxury residential projects at relatively affordable prices here. The upcoming monorail will further enhance the connectivity of Chembur and boost the property prices in the area.
Looking to invest in apartments for sale in Chembur? Explore premium flats in Chembur at XRBIA Chembur Central, a residential project by XRBIA Developers.